Tessa Thompson in Chanel

Tessa Thompson honors Karl Lagerfeld at the Oscars with two lovely Chanel dresses -- one for the award ceremony and another for the Vanity Fair after party. For the Oscars she wore a Chanel Spring 2019 Haute Couture dress straight off the runway. And for the party, she went with a Chanel Haute Couture dress from a past 2018 collection. But to top it all off, she was also out in a third Chanel look days before at the Chanel & Charles Finch Pre-Oscar Awards Dinner. Move over Penelope Cruz because I think we have found a new face for Chanel!




 







From Vogue:
Back in January, actress Tessa Thompson attended her first ever Chanel couture show in Paris. She was mesmerized by the entire Spring 2019 collection, but one very special piece on the runway pulled at her heartstrings. It was a black silk muslin bustier dress embroidered with gold beads. As she remembers, “I fell in love with this special dress when I saw it walking in the couture show in Paris.”

The night before the Chanel show, Thompson had been asked to present the award for best score at the Academy Awards, and stumbling upon that stunning gown hours later felt serendipitous. “I wanted to look like the movie stars I’ve seen in classic images who have graced that stage over the decades,” she says. 

Though Thompson never got to meet Mr Lagerfeld, she felt honored to celebrate his legacy on Hollywood’s biggest night of the year. “I had the honor of seeing his last couture collection,” she notes. “That was a dream come true. I feel his spirit when I look at his creations and of course when I wore the Chanel dress to the Oscars.”


You Might Also Like

0 comments