Kanye West for GAP


It's finally happening! Kanye West and his Yeezy clothing line are teaming up with The Gap for a new clothing line called Yeezy Gap (pretty straight forward). He recently signed a 10-year deal and the new designs will hit stores next year, which will include clothing for men, women and children (which I'm sure North and the others will be modeling). And Kanye has wasted no time promoting the upcoming collaboration. He has already "remodeled" a Gap store in his old Chicago neighborhood on the corner of  the popular Magnificent Mile--the not too far from same store he once worked at and famously rapped about on his album College Dropout. One side of the building shows the new YZY logo, while the other includes text straight from a letter that Kanye wrote to the city of Chicago. It reads: 


Thank God
Hi Chicago it’s me
This is [the] Gap store
I used to shop at when
I would drive my Nissan
from the southside
so blessed
I thank god and I am
so humbled at the
opportunity to serve
I put my heart into the
color palette and every
detail I love Tron the original
Do you like stuff
I don’t know what to do with
my hands

Love YEEZY



You Might Also Like

0 comments