Naomi Campbell Covers Essence

Legendary British supermodel, Naomi Campbell covers the May/June issue of ESSENCE. This is the magazine's 50th Anniversary, and Naomi also turns 50 this month, so it was very fitting to have the most iconic black model star on the cover. Which she happened to style and shoot on her own at home, using just her iPhone! Marking the first-ever ESSENCE magazine cover shot entirely on a phone and the first time that a cover star served as their own photographer. My how things have changed during quarantine!


“It was a very special honor and unusual experience for me to be able to shoot and style my own cover for ESSENCE’s 50th anniversary issue. While it was a sad reminder for me of all the people in media and production who are not able to work due to the coronavirus, it also brought me hope and encouragement to know that our people and our infrastructures are resilient.”







You Might Also Like

0 comments